Recipe by Domestic Goddess
A deliciously tasting caramel coffee. Cooking time all depends on your coffee makers brewing time.
Top Review by AcadiaTwo
Since my coffee maker is a French press, I was unable to put the caramel on the bottom of the "pot" so I also placed the caramel in the bottom of my cup. I also drizzled the caramel on the top of the whip cream since I neglected to buy the toffee bits. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
- 4 tablespoons folgers automatic drip regular grind coffee
- 4 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping, I like to add 2/3 - 3/4 cup
- french vanilla cool whip, thawed
- English toffee bits or chocolate-covered toffee bits
Directions See How It's Made
- Place coffee inside paper filled (brewing) basket.
- Adjust basket to fit coffee maker.
- Pour the 4-1/2 cups cold water inside coffee maker.
- Add the caramel topping to the coffee pot.
- Return coffee pot to coffee maker.
- Start brewing the coffee; when completed; stir until well mixed.
- Pour into coffee cups, or mugs.
- Add a large dollop of Cool Whip to each cup.
- Sprinkle on bits of chocolate toffee bits, or the English toffee bits.
- Makes 6 servings (Six 3/4 cups coffee each).
- Note: You can top your coffee off with regular Cool Whip, but I prefer the French Vanilla Cool Whip.