Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
These sweet and salty delights make a fun twist for a cookie exchange.
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup honey roasted glazed macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon rum flavoring
- 24 pretzel sticks
- Heat oven to 350. Spread coconut in even layer on large ungreased jelly-roll pan. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until very lightly toasted. Cool completely in pan.
- Add chopped macadamia nut to tasted coconut; stir. Set aside.
- Place caramels, butter and water in small saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring ocassionally until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in rum flavoring.
- Working quickly, dip 1 pretzel rod into caramel mixture, using rubber spaula or spoon to coat three-fourths of pretzel. Shake off excess; immediately place into coconut mixture. Use hands to press coconut mixture firmly onto caramel. Place covered pretzel onto waxed paper. Cool completely.
- Store between sheets of waxed paper in container with tight-fitting lid.