Recipe by Melanie Murray
This recipe came from a co-worker of mine. This recipe is delicious. It is very tasty and the caramel and coconut really go together.
Top Review by Jenny White
My mother made this pie for our Thanksgiving dinner. The only difference was she used regular pie crust, but I think the graham cracker crust would be better. This is a delicous pie, so rich and decadent. I will definately make this one over and over.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 2 9-inch graham cracker crusts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add coconut and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Cook until golden, stirring frequently.
- Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Layer 1/4 cream cheese mixture in each pie shell.
- Drizzle 1/4 caramel topping over each pie.
- Sprinkle 1/3 coconut mixture evenly over each pie.
- Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture, caramel topping and coconut mixture.
- Cover and freeze pies for at least 8 hours.
- Let frozen pies stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish as desired.