Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from a co-worker of mine. This recipe is delicious. It is very tasty and the caramel and coconut really go together.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 7 ounces flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 16 ounces frozen whipped topping
- 2 9-inch graham cracker crusts
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add coconut and 1/2 cup pecans.
- Cook until golden, stirring frequently.
- Set aside and let cool slightly.
- Combine cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk.
- Beat with electric mixer at medium speed until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Layer 1/4 cream cheese mixture in each pie shell.
- Drizzle 1/4 caramel topping over each pie.
- Sprinkle 1/3 coconut mixture evenly over each pie.
- Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese mixture, caramel topping and coconut mixture.
- Cover and freeze pies for at least 8 hours.
- Let frozen pies stand at room temperature for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Garnish as desired.
My mother made this pie for our Thanksgiving dinner. The only difference was she used regular pie crust, but I think the graham cracker crust would be better. This is a delicous pie, so rich and decadent. I will definately make this one over and over.
The pie was amazing!!! So easy to make, great for any occasion. It is wonderful frozen or thawed out.