Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe was given to me at my wedding shower by a family friend. Its simple & quick to make for family get togethers, holidays & church functions! You will get lots of compliments on this delicious dessert! And its SO EASY! *Makes 2 pies*
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups coconut
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
- caramel ice cream topping or butterscotch sundae sauce
- Bake& cool both pie shells.
- Mix melted margarine with nuts& coconut& place on cookie sheet, toast till golden brown-- Remove& cool.
- Blend together milk, softened cream cheese& cool whip.
- Put 1/2 mixture in each pie shell.
- Sprinkle with coconut mixture.
- Drizzle with ice cream topping of choice.
- Repeat layers.
- Save some coconut topping for tops of both pies!
- Refridgerate for hour before serving or freeze & thaw before serving.
- I have found that freezing it works the best!