Recipe by canakisp
yummy and one of my family favorites
Top Review by iondi2
Wow--what a great yet simple dessert! For my personal taste it was a bit too sweet (maybe I'll try cutting a little of the condensed milk or brown sugar next time) and I put only half a cup of coconut, but I brought it to church and everyone loved it :)
- 2 cups vanilla wafers, crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 350.
- in small bowl, blend vanilla wafer crumbs, sweetened condensed milk. Work in vanilla and coconut. Spread evenly in pan (9 inch square)sprinkle with pecans, set aside.
- in small saucepan, bring butter and brown sugar to boil, stirring. Simmer 1 minute, stirring constantly. Cafeully pour hot caramel over pecans, covering entire top.
- bake 25 minutes, until caramel is bubblyall over brownie.
- cool completely, cut into bars.
- 25 servings.