This recipe is part of Pol Martins Cream Puffs "Cream Puff Dough" and his Chocolate Cream Filling "Pol Martin-Chocolate Pastry Cream" Once you are done filling the cream puffs, dip them in this caramel sauce. I suggest reading these recipes over before tasking, to make sure they are fully understandable to avoid mess up :D
My Private Note
cream p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1make a hole in bottom of each cream puff by using a flat plain pastry tip. use pastry bag to fill each cream puff with chocolate Pastry Cream, set aside.
- 2place sugar; 3 tablespoon water and lemon juice in saucepan. cook over medium heat until liquid becomes a deep golden color. Do Not Stir!
- 3remove from heat and briefly plunge bottom of pan in bowl of cold water. return pan to stove over medium heat. pour in remaining water (1/3 cup) and without stirring cook another 30 seconds.
- 4remove pan from heat and place on counter. carefully dip tops of cream puffs in hot caramel.
- 5set aside to cool, then refrigerate to serve cold.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Coating for Cream Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (223 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 32.2
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g