Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is part of Pol Martins Cream Puffs "Cream Puff Dough" and his Chocolate Cream Filling "Pol Martin-Chocolate Pastry Cream" Once you are done filling the cream puffs, dip them in this caramel sauce. I suggest reading these recipes over before tasking, to make sure they are fully understandable to avoid mess up :D
- make a hole in bottom of each cream puff by using a flat plain pastry tip. use pastry bag to fill each cream puff with chocolate Pastry Cream, set aside.
- place sugar; 3 tablespoon water and lemon juice in saucepan. cook over medium heat until liquid becomes a deep golden color. Do Not Stir!
- remove from heat and briefly plunge bottom of pan in bowl of cold water. return pan to stove over medium heat. pour in remaining water (1/3 cup) and without stirring cook another 30 seconds.
- remove pan from heat and place on counter. carefully dip tops of cream puffs in hot caramel.
- set aside to cool, then refrigerate to serve cold.