Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 mins
I found this on the back of Kra*t caramels. I made it last night, it was easy and everyone liked it.
- 396.89 g package caramels, remove wrappers
- 59.14 ml water
- 1419.54 ml bite size square crisp rice cereal or 1419.54 ml corn flakes cereal
- 473.18 ml pecans (rough chopped)
- Heat caramels and water in large microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100% power) for 2 minutes, stir.
- Continue to microwave at HIGH for about 2-3 minutes stirring every 30 seconds until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Add cereal and pecans, mix lightly until coated.
- Spread onto GREASED 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Bake 350 for 15 minutes, stir cereal, bake additional 10 minutes more.
- Spoon onto waxed or parchment paper.
- Cool completely, break apart into clusters.
- Store in air tight container or plastick bags.
Thank you for posting this! I make it every year for my nephew at Christmas. It is addictive and everyone loves it (my nephew especially). I somehow lost the recipe--but I remembered it was simple. I use 8 cups of Rice Chex.