Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I recently found a collection of muffin recipes that I can't wait to try! I'm especially curious about this one.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups flour (sifted)
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons shortening (melted)
- Grease muffin pans and place 1/2 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in each cup.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- Beat egg; add milk, shortening and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add to sifted dry ingredients, stirring only enough to dampen all the flour.
- Fill prepared muffin pans 3/4 full and bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 20 minutes.
- If desired, chopped nuts or raisins may be added to the butter and brown sugar of the cup.
These muffins are perfect - I put nuts into the base of the muffins with the butter and sugar. Next time I would place a teaspoon of muffin batter in muffin cup and then put butter/sugar/nut mixture in, then top with remaining muffin mixture. Top with melted butter, cinnamon sugar and chopped nuts. Absolutely lovely recipe thanks!