Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I recently found a collection of muffin recipes that I can't wait to try! I'm especially curious about this one.
- Grease muffin pans and place 1/2 teaspoon of butter and 1 teaspoon brown sugar in each cup.
- Sift flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon together.
- Beat egg; add milk, shortening and remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar. Add to sifted dry ingredients, stirring only enough to dampen all the flour.
- Fill prepared muffin pans 3/4 full and bake in hot oven (425 degrees) for 20 minutes.
- If desired, chopped nuts or raisins may be added to the butter and brown sugar of the cup.