1 hr 35 mins
Chef Mean Green's Note:
I found this recipe over a year ago on Foodnetwork.com and I haven't used another apple pie recipe since. I think it tastes sooo great, and it's not too much different from your ordinary apple pie. It is definitely a keeper and you won't regret baking it once you take a bite!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2/3 cup crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup butter
- 6 -8 apples, peeled and sliced, about 5 cups
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup caramel butterscotch sundae sauce
Caramel Pecan Whipped Cream
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 3Mix flour and salt.
- 4Cut in shortening until mixture resembles course ground cornmeal.
- 5Add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- 6Roll out 2/3 of dough for bottom crust and place into pie pan.
- 7Roll out last 1/3 of dough and cut into strips for lattice top crust.
- 8On parchment paper or cookie sheet, weave the strips to form lattice.
- 9Set aside.
- 10For topping: mix cracker crumbs, brown sugar and flour.
- 11Cut in butter until crumbly and then set aside.
- 12For filling: combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- 13Spoon apple filling into crust.
- 14Sprinkle cracker topping over apples.
- 15Slide lattice crust over top of pie.
- 16Fold edges of bottom crust over ends of lattice crust, pressing to seal. Brush lattice strips with egg wash.
- 17Fold foil strips around edges of crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- 18Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes or until apples are bubbling and crust is browned.
- 19While still hot, drizzle pie with Caramel Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping. Cool the pie before serving. Top with Caramel Pecan Cream Sauce.
- 20Pour whipping cream into a deep bowl.
- 21With electric mixer, whip the cream on high, adding sugar a little at a time. When the cream is whipped, continue to beat on medium, while you add the caramel.
- 22Fold in pecans. (The cream will reduce a bit, giving you a smooth, creamy sauce to pour over the pie.)
- 23Refrigerate before serving over the pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Cinnamon Graham Apple Pie With Caramel Pecan Cream
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 822.7
- Calories from Fat 368
- Total Fat 40.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 87.8 mg
- Sodium 374.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 111.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 53.2 g
- Protein 7.2 g