Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 55 mins
I found this recipe over a year ago on Foodnetwork.com and I haven't used another apple pie recipe since. I think it tastes sooo great, and it's not too much different from your ordinary apple pie. It is definitely a keeper and you won't regret baking it once you take a bite!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 6 tablespoons ice cold water
- 2⁄3 cup crushed cinnamon graham crackers
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 6 -8 apples, peeled and sliced, about 5 cups
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄4 cup caramel butterscotch sundae sauce
Caramel Pecan Whipped Cream
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup caramel butterscotch sundae sauce
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, processed very fine
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix flour and salt.
- Cut in shortening until mixture resembles course ground cornmeal.
- Add water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Roll out 2/3 of dough for bottom crust and place into pie pan.
- Roll out last 1/3 of dough and cut into strips for lattice top crust.
- On parchment paper or cookie sheet, weave the strips to form lattice.
- Set aside.
- For topping: mix cracker crumbs, brown sugar and flour.
- Cut in butter until crumbly and then set aside.
- For filling: combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, flour, and cinnamon.
- Spoon apple filling into crust.
- Sprinkle cracker topping over apples.
- Slide lattice crust over top of pie.
- Fold edges of bottom crust over ends of lattice crust, pressing to seal. Brush lattice strips with egg wash.
- Fold foil strips around edges of crust and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 40 minutes or until apples are bubbling and crust is browned.
- While still hot, drizzle pie with Caramel Butterscotch Ice Cream Topping. Cool the pie before serving. Top with Caramel Pecan Cream Sauce.
- Pour whipping cream into a deep bowl.
- With electric mixer, whip the cream on high, adding sugar a little at a time. When the cream is whipped, continue to beat on medium, while you add the caramel.
- Fold in pecans. (The cream will reduce a bit, giving you a smooth, creamy sauce to pour over the pie.)
- Refrigerate before serving over the pie.