Recipe by CoffeeB
Another great trifle recipe, and oh my so rich!!
Top Review by Chef TanyaW
I use my own version of chocolate cake: http://www.food.com/recipe/darn-good-chocolate-cake-with-marthas-icing-206634 (without the icing). It is richer and better! Otherwise I follow this recipe. I sometimes don't use caramel as it is also very good with just cake, pudding, whipped topping, and heath bar bits.
- 255.14 g devil's food cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 314.66 ml water
- 118.29 ml oil
- 2 (226.79 g) package chocolate pudding, instant
- 340.19 g Cool Whip
- 340.19 g caramel ice cream topping
- 198.44-226.79 g English toffee bits or 198.44-226.79 g almond brickle chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions for an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare pudding according to pkg. directions.
- Cut cake into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place 1/2 of the cubes in a 3 quart trifle bowl, or large glass serving bowl.
- Lightly press down to fill gaps.
- Top with 1/2 of the Cool Whip, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate.