Another great trifle recipe, and oh my so rich!!
Make and share this Caramel Chocolate Trifle recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare and bake cake according to directions for an 8 inch square baking pan.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Prepare pudding according to pkg. directions.
- Cut cake into 1 1/2 inch cubes.
- Place 1/2 of the cubes in a 3 quart trifle bowl, or large glass serving bowl.
- Lightly press down to fill gaps.
- Top with 1/2 of the Cool Whip, pudding, caramel topping and toffee bits.
- Repeat layers.
- Cover and refrigerate.
I use my own version of chocolate cake: http://www.food.com/recipe/darn-good-chocolate-cake-with-marthas-icing-206634 (without the icing). It is richer and better! Otherwise I follow this recipe. I sometimes don't use caramel as it is also very good with just cake, pudding, whipped topping, and heath bar bits.
I love trifle's and this recipe was full of chocolaty goodness! I made just as posted except I made it in individual trifle bowls! (so I wouldn't eat too much!!!) : ) My whole family enjoyed this and I'm sure they will be begging me to make it again! Thanks for posting CoffeeB! Made for photo tag 08'
Tagged for Beverage Tag Feb 2008 Cupid's Choice. Decadence!!! That should say it all but I must say the ease to make this makes the decadence even better and more divine. This is scrumptous and definitely a terrible thing when trying to lose weight. I had a smidge but DS and GF as well as DH and his buddies LOVED IT! I did save about 1/3 of topping and warmed it before serving, topped with a bullet of whip cream. WOW!