- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (6 ounce) bag mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3⁄4 cup caramel topping
- 3 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine 1st six ingredients and press 1/2 to 3/4 of mixture into a greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips and walnuts evenly over top.
- In small mixing bowl, mix 3/4 cup of caramel topping with the 3 tablespoons of flour until smooth.
- Pour over top of chocolate chips and nuts. Sprinkle with remaining crumbs from crust mix.
- Bake another 15-20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.