Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
I saw this on Semi Homemade Cooking and had to share!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) package gingerbread mix (recommended -- Betty Crocker)
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, as needed
- 1 (17 ounce) jar caramel topping, chilled
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) jardark chocolate ice cream fudge sauce
- white frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine the gingerbread mix following package instructions. Roll dough into 1" balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Lightly flatten each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a cooling rack and cool completely.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of caramel topping on each cookie center. Top with 1/2 teaspoon chocolate topping. Carefully work chocolate to within 1/4-inch of the edge of the cookies. Place in freezer for 20 to 25 minutes to set.
- If desired, put frosting in a plastic sandwich bag, clip off tip to make tiny hole, and press bag to squeeze out frosting to make letter or number(or design) on top of each cookie. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This was wonderful. I didn't make it with the chocolate sauce though, as my jar disappeared between the time I bought it and the time I went to use it. I loved the flavor without it, so I really don't think I was missing anything! Thanks!