Recipe by sbrown_adb
This easy candy snack, made with caramel, chocolate and Chex® cereal is outstanding!
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 0.5 (14 ounce) bag caramels (25)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 300°F Grease 15x10x1-inch pan. In large bowl, mix cereals.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, butter and caramels over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Pour over cereals, stirring until evenly coated. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, until golden brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chocolate can be stirred smooth (bowl will be hot). Drizzle chocolate over snack. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container.
- 1 Serving: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 35); Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 9g); Protein 2g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 6%; Iron 20% Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
- *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Love pretzels? Add 1 cup small pretzel twists to the mixture.
- For easy drizzling, spoon the melted chocolate into a small food-storage plastic bag. Cut a small hole in one bottom corner and squeeze the chocolate over the cereal mixture.