Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are a family favorite. They actually have more flavor the next day! The hardest part is unwrapping the caramels. Perhaps this is a step the kids could help with.
- Heat oven to 350. Grease a rectangular pan(13x9x2)
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, soda, salt and egg in large bowl. Stir in butter with mixer till mixture is crumbly.
- Press 1/2 the crumbly mixture into pan. Bake ten minute.
- Heat caramels and milk in saucepan, over low heat, stirring often, until smooth.
- Remove baked crumbly mixture from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips and nuts on top. Drizzle with caramel mixture. Sprinkle remaining crumbly mixture on top. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 min or until golden brown. Cool 30 minute Loosen edges from sides of pan. Cool completely. Cut into 2x1 inch bars.