1/3 Photos of Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
These are rich bars that are a snap to make because you start out with a cake mix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large saucepan, combine the butter, caramels and milk; cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- 3In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and eggs; mix well.
- 4Stir in chips and chopped candy bar (dough will be stiff).
- 5Press three-fourths into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- 6Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- 7Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- 8Pour caramel mixture over the crust.
- 9Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls onto caramel layer.
- 10Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- 11Cool for 10 minutes; run a knife around edges of pan.
- 12Cool 40 minutes longer; cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Chocolate Chip Bars
Serving Size: 1 (2116 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.7
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 36.6 mg
- Sodium 241.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 40.2 g
- Protein 4.5 g