Recipe by animal_luver
Got this from chex.com ;)
Top Review by Midwest Maven
Very yummy snack! Sorry no picture of this one, it just went too fast to snap one lol. I added a few handfuls of lightly salted peanuts and yummy. Next time I think I might add more caramels and chocolate too, but great as is snack. Tthanks for sharing:)
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 25 caramels (about 1/2 bag)
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven 300 degrees F. Grease 15x10x1-inch pan. In large bowl, mix cereals.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat milk, butter, and caramels over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Pour over cereals, stirring until evenly coated. Spread in pan.
- Bake 20 to 24 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes, until golden brown. Spread on waxed paper to cool, about 15 minutes.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until chocolate can be stirred smooth (bowl will be hot). Drizzle chocolate over snack. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until chocolate is set. Store in airtight container. Enjoy. =).
- f you want, you can even add 1 cup small pretzel twists to the mixture. Mmmmm -- :) :) :).