Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I haven't tried this. It sounds so very good. Let me know what you think if you try this.
- 8 ounces walnut pieces
- 4 ounces butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2⁄3 cup flour, plus
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel topping
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- Coarsely chop walnuts.
- Measure out 1 cup and set aside.
- Finely chop remaining walnuts.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, beat together 1 stick butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Add 2/3 cup flour and beat until well blended.
- Stir in finely chopped nuts.
- Spread batter evenly in greased, foil-lined 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together caramel and remaining 1/4 cup flour until blended.
- Drizzle over partially baked brownies.
- Sprinkle coarsely chopped nuts over top.
- Return to oven and bake 20 minutes longer, or until bubbly.
- Meanwhile in a 1-qt.
- glass bowl, heat chocolate chips with cream and remaining 1 tablespoon butter in a microwave oven on High 1-1/4 to 1-3/4 minutes or until smooth when stirred.
- Set glaze aside.
- Let brownies cool 15 minutes.
- Spread glaze over brownies.
- Sprinkle coconut on top.
- Refrigerate 1 hour, until glaze is set.
- Carefully cut into 36 (1-1/2 x 2-1/8-inch) bars.
- Return to refrigerator until serving time.