Recipe by smile_angel_here
These are EXTREMELY rich!! but they are very good. When i made these, i changed a few things. To cut down on the fat, i used 1/2 cup unsweetened applesause in place of the oil, and instead of 2 eggs, i used one egg, plus 2 egg whites. I also used fat-free sweetened condensed milk. Because my family doesn't like Heath bars, i used milk chocolate chips instead. Even with all the changes to lower the fat, these are still the richest bars i have ever tasted.
- 1⁄2 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 32 caramels
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla chips or 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Heath candy bars, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, comine butter, caramels and milk.
- Cook and stir over medium-low heat until smooth.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil and eggs; mix well.
- Stir in chips and chopped candy bar (dough will be stiff).
- Press three-fourths into a greased 13-in.x9-in.x2-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 15 minutes.
- Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over the crust.
- Drop remaining dough by spoonfuls onto the caramel layer.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 10 minutes; run a knife around the edges of pan.
- Cool for 40 minutes longer.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until serving.