Recipe by Creole cookin'
Delicious caramelized glaze makes this chicken a spectacular, variation of a traditional Asian recipe.
Top Review by echo echo
The sodium count would alarm my family doctor no end, so I used light soy sauce to try to cut down a bit. Of course, the glaze is the whole story for this dish and it's pretty darn yummy. It's also nice to have a chance to use my fish sauce.
- 4 chicken breasts, halved
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup patis (fish sauce)
Directions See How It's Made
- Coat chicken with vegetable oil.
- Saute chicken in a non-stick pan.
- Reduce heat, remove chicken.
- Saute garlic and onion.
- Return chicken, add soy sauce.
- Reduce heat cook for 10 minutes.
- Increase heat to high, add sugar cook uncovered 3-4 minutes.
- Add fish sauce.
- Serve over steamed rice.