- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 28 Kraft caramels
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together flour, butter, brown sugar, then add nuts and mix.
- Press into bottom of greased 9x13" pan, reserving a little for sprinkling over the top.
- Melt caramels mixed with condensed milk in the top of a double boiler.
- Pour this mixture over crust layer.
- Beat together cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla and spread over caramel mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved crumb topping.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes.
- Cool completely and refrigerate.