Recipe by Satyne
Popped up on my feed and posting here because YUM! http://whatsfordinner-momwhatsfordinner.blogspot.ca/2012/12/caramel-cheesecakes.html Gorgeous progress shots at the site. Not sure how big a batch will be. Times are Estimated.
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1⁄2 cup slivered almonds
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 19 ounces cream cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crush your slivered almonds.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the almond flour, almonds, baking soda, salt, sugar and cinnamon. Add the butter and combine with a spoon.
- Line a muffin tin with liners. Push the almond mixture into the bottom of the liners.
- Bake for 10 minutes to set.
- Turn oven down to 300°.
- Meanwhile,in a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and eggs. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Spoon mixture into the muffin tins with prepared almond crust.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- While cakes are cooking, start on the caramel.
- Combine granulated sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a medium, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat; cook until sugar dissolves, stirring gently for 3 minutes.
- Stop stirring and continue cooking 10 minutes or until the color of light brown sugar. Remove from heat; carefully stir in butter and milk. Place pan over medium-high heat until caramelized sugar melts. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute.
- Remove pan from heat; cool caramel to room temperature. Cover and chill 1 hour or until slightly thickened.
- Take cheesecakes out of the oven when they are done. Once cool, the middle will slightly fall and this is the perfect indent for the caramel.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon caramel over each cheesecake.