Recipe by Kiwipom
This is not a recipe for the health conscious. It is a recipe of indulgence. It can be frozen for up to 2 months.
Top Review by ~Nimz~
This was just wonderful. Wonderful flavor and easy to make. The bottom crush had a kinda chewy texture to it which I really liked. I don't think it will ever make it to the freezer. Thanks Kiwipom.
- 1 3⁄4 cups corn flakes (crushed)
- 125 g butter
- 750 g cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup bottled caramel topping
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in pan, remove from heat.
- Add cornflakes and mix well.
- Press approx three-quarters of mixture on to base and up sides of greased 20cm(8in) springform pan.
- Reserve remainder for topping.
- Refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese until softened.
- Add sugar, mix well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla, mix well.
- Spoon into prepared crumb crust.
- Pour caramel topping on top, cut lightly into cream cheese mixture with knife to give marbled effect.
- Combine reserved cornflake mixture and nutmeg in bowl, mix well.
- Sprinkle cornflake and nutmeg mixture over cheesecake.
- Bake in moderate oven 45 minutes or until cooked.
- Cool, wrap and seal, freeze.
- To Serve.
- Thaw 2 hours at room temperature or overnight in refrigerator.