- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (9 ounce) package caramels, unwrapped
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- 2 tablespoons milk (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Mix the graham cracker crumbs and the melted butter and press into the bottom of a 9" springform pan.
- Mix the caramels, sweenened condensed milk and 3 tablespoons milk in a large microwave safe bowl, microwave for approximately 5 minutes, stirring well every minute or so until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla and stir well.
- Add the cream cheese and mix with an electric mixer until combined then mix on high for a minute or so.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well combined.
- Pour the mixture over the crust and bake for 60 minutes at 300°F.
- Remove from oven and immediately run a knife around the edge of the pan to help prevent cracking.
- Cool then chill in refrigerator for several hours before serving.
- Optional chocolate topping: mix chocolate chips with two tablespoons milk and microwave for approximately 1 minute, stir until smooth and creamy then spread on top of cheesecake.