1/4 Photos of Caramel Chai Bars
2 hrs 40 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Just five ingredients, and you've got a coffee-shop treat right from your own oven."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2In large bowl, knead cookie dough and dry chai mix until well blended.
- 3Break up 3/4 of the chai dough in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- 4Press dough evenly in bottom of pan (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers).
- 5Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 6Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix caramel syrup and flour.
- 7In another small bowl, knead remaining 1/4 of chai dough and the walnuts.
- 8Gently drizzle caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- 9Crumble walnut chai dough evenly over caramel.
- 10Bake 22 to 29 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and firm to the touch and caramel is bubbly.
- 11Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- 12For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Chai Bars
Serving Size: 1 (43 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 162.4
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.8 mg
- Sodium 148.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chai tea mix