Recipe by Mom2Rose
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Just five ingredients, and you've got a coffee-shop treat right from your own oven."
Top Review by Messy44
Made these and liked them a lot! Took to church and two people asked for the recipe. I did make some minor changes, used Hazelnut Cappuccino instant coffee mix (3 TBSP total) and increased the whole of it by about 1/2 to make a 9x13 pan. Very nice for a change from the usual brownies. Thanks, Mom2Rose.
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package chai tea mix (from 8.8-oz box)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fine ground walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, knead cookie dough and dry chai mix until well blended.
- Break up 3/4 of the chai dough in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Press dough evenly in bottom of pan (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers).
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix caramel syrup and flour.
- In another small bowl, knead remaining 1/4 of chai dough and the walnuts.
- Gently drizzle caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- Crumble walnut chai dough evenly over caramel.
- Bake 22 to 29 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and firm to the touch and caramel is bubbly.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.