Prep 20 mins
Cook 2 hrs 40 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Just five ingredients, and you've got a coffee-shop treat right from your own oven."
- 1 (16 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 (1 1/8 ounce) package chai tea mix (from 8.8-oz box)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel ice cream topping
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup fine ground walnuts
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, knead cookie dough and dry chai mix until well blended.
- Break up 3/4 of the chai dough in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Press dough evenly in bottom of pan (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers).
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix caramel syrup and flour.
- In another small bowl, knead remaining 1/4 of chai dough and the walnuts.
- Gently drizzle caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- Crumble walnut chai dough evenly over caramel.
- Bake 22 to 29 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and firm to the touch and caramel is bubbly.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
Made these and liked them a lot! Took to church and two people asked for the recipe. I did make some minor changes, used Hazelnut Cappuccino instant coffee mix (3 TBSP total) and increased the whole of it by about 1/2 to make a 9x13 pan. Very nice for a change from the usual brownies. Thanks, Mom2Rose.
These are the best tasting bars i have ever tasted. I made a double recipe and cut them up and put them in the freezer. so this way when i wanted some i can take them out and put them in the microwave for a few seconds and they taste as good as when you first make them. i used the oregon chai tea latte mix. the one with the 8 packs in it. 2 thumbs up to whoever invented this recipe
I had high expectations for these, but wasn't as impressed as thought I would be. I wasn't sure exactly what kind of chai to use, so maybe I didn't use the right thing. They didn't taste horrible, but I decided not to take them to a Christmas party as I had planned to. I would try them again, using a different Chai mix.