Cook2 hrs 40 mins
Source: Pillsbury Bake-Off Contest "Just five ingredients, and you've got a coffee-shop treat right from your own oven."
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In large bowl, knead cookie dough and dry chai mix until well blended.
- Break up 3/4 of the chai dough in ungreased 8-inch square pan.
- Press dough evenly in bottom of pan (If dough is sticky, use floured fingers).
- Bake 12 to 17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix caramel syrup and flour.
- In another small bowl, knead remaining 1/4 of chai dough and the walnuts.
- Gently drizzle caramel mixture evenly over partially baked crust.
- Crumble walnut chai dough evenly over caramel.
- Bake 22 to 29 minutes longer or until top is golden brown and firm to the touch and caramel is bubbly.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.