Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Did your child bring home the snack bucket from school today? The kids well enjoy this bar. I think you could also add some melted chocolate chips to the top.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
- In a large heavy pan melt butter and add corn syrup over low heat.
- Add sugar, water and salt.
- Cook until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 3 minutes or to a firm ball stage.
- While still over low heat add all of the cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture in a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- If needed slip a sandwich bag over your hand and finish spreading.
- Cut in pieces right away.
- When cool, remove from pan.
These were great my kids loved them the only problem was they did not form good. For some reason they were really sticky. The recipe was very good though. Thanks