Recipe by Charlotte J
Did your child bring home the snack bucket from school today? The kids well enjoy this bar. I think you could also add some melted chocolate chips to the top.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄2 cups Rice Krispies
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large heavy pan melt butter and add corn syrup over low heat.
- Add sugar, water and salt.
- Cook until mixture comes to a full boil, stirring occasionally.
- Boil 3 minutes or to a firm ball stage.
- While still over low heat add all of the cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Spread mixture in a buttered 9x13-inch pan.
- If needed slip a sandwich bag over your hand and finish spreading.
- Cut in pieces right away.
- When cool, remove from pan.