Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe from Pillsbury Oct 2005. These could be easily substituted with other cereals.
Make and share this Caramel Cereal and Popcorn Balls recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (3 ounce) bagbuttered microwave popcorn
- 2 cups Golden Grahams cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups small pretzels
- 3⁄4 cup M&M's plain chocolate candy
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- Cut 24x12 inch sheet of waxed paper; place on work surface.
- Pop popcorn as directed on bag.
- Pour popcorn into at least and 8 quart bowl or large roasting pan; remove any unpopped kernels.
- Stir in cereal. pretzels and M&M's.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour brown sugar mixture evenly over popcorn mixture, stirring to coat well.
- Spray hands with cooking spray.
- With sprayed hands, quickly and firmly shape generous 1 cup popcorn mixture into ball.
- Place on waxed paper.
- Repeat with remaining mixture to make about 9 more balls.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Wrap each popcorn ball in plastic wrap.
Typing this review for the second time. I am not a big popcorn person, but the family is, so made these for movie night. They turned out really well and were super easy to make. It was just the right mix of sweet and salt. Will definatly make these again. Made for pick 3 chefs June 2008.