Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 28 mins
- In a saucepan cook and stir caramels,butter and milk over low heat until the caramels are melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat,stir in sugar.
- Combine the eggs and vanilla,stir into caramel mixture.
- Combine flour,baking powder and salt,stir into caramel mixture until blended.
- Fold in cashews.
- Spread into a greased 9 inch square baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 24-28 minutes.
- or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cut into bars.
I made these for my dad for Christmas. Easy to make, tasted great. I put 24 caramels and a little more than a cup of chopped cashews. Took about 35 minutes to bake, could just be my oven, though. We thought they were great. Thanks! Oh, and we also decided that the mixture before you add the eggs, vanilla, flour, etc. is an absolutely wonderful ice cream sauce!
very easy to make and taste great