Am posting as per request. Found on Pillsbury.com. Cooling time -- about 1 hr. This was submitted by Kathleen Kildsig of Kiel, WI; submitted this for the Bake-Off Contest 40, 2002 and she won $2,000 for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 1/2 ounces pillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups caramel apple dip
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/4 cups chopped cashews
- 1Heat oven to 350°F
- 2In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough.
- 3With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- 4Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 5Cool 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- 7Remove from heat.
- 8Stir in cereal and cashews.
- 9Spread cereal mixture over crust.
- 10In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining chocolate chips and dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- 11Spread over cereal mixture.
- 12Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes.
- 13For bars, cut into 6 by 6 rows.
- 14High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):Bake crust 16 to 19 minutes.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Cashew Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1060 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 101.7
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 76.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 1.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
caramel apple dip