Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Am posting as per request. Found on Pillsbury.com. Cooling time -- about 1 hr. This was submitted by Kathleen Kildsig of Kiel, WI; submitted this for the Bake-Off Contest 40, 2002 and she won $2,000 for it.
- 16 1⁄2 ounces pillsbury create 'n bake refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups caramel apple dip
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped cashews
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In ungreased 13x9-inch pan, break up cookie dough.
- With floured fingers, press dough evenly in bottom of pan to form crust.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 3- to 4-quart saucepan, cook 1 cup of the chocolate chips and 1 cup of the dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in cereal and cashews.
- Spread cereal mixture over crust.
- In 1-quart saucepan, heat remaining chocolate chips and dip over medium heat, stirring constantly, until melted and smooth.
- Spread over cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate until chocolate mixture is set, about 30 minutes.
- For bars, cut into 6 by 6 rows.
- High Altitude (3500-6500 ft):Bake crust 16 to 19 minutes.