Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Caramel-Cashew Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped salted cashews
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels, unwrapepd
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350. Spray 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, beat shortening, butter, sugar, and brown sugar with mixer on medium speed until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Beat in flour, cinnamon and baking soda, scraping bowl occasionally, until well blended. Stir in 1 cup of the cashews. Spread dough in a pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in 2 quart saucepan, heat caramels and milk over medium heat, stirring frequently, until caramels are melted; keep warm.
- Spread caramel over slightly cooled bars. Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup cashews over caramel. Cool completely, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 8 rows by 6 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.