Recipe by karla1
One word..YUM! Got this recipe from the Betty Crocker web site.
Top Review by truebrit
Years ago, a friend gave me a sampling of these bars, and they were so yummy, I had to have the recipe! I've made these countless times, and they're always a big hit! The most time-consuming step is unwrapping the caramels, but the rest is a breeze! The ooey-gooey caramel/chocolate center complements the crust & topping delightfully! Delicious!! :)
- 396.89 g bag caramels
- 78.07 ml milk
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml quick oats
- 354.88 ml packed brown sugar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1 large egg
- 236.59 ml butter
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml peanuts (optional) or 236.59 ml walnuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9" pan.
- Melt caramels and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in beaten egg.
- Mix butter in with fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the pan to make bottom crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate chips and nuts over crust, drizzle caramel mixture over that.
- Crumble remaining batter over top and continue to bake 15- 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, with a knife go around the outside edge of the caramel candy bars to put a small space between the bar and the pan.
- After 30 minutes use a sharp knife to cut into small bite sized squares.