Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
One word..YUM! Got this recipe from the Betty Crocker web site.
Make and share this Caramel Candy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 1⁄2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanuts (optional) or 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 350°. Grease 13 x 9" pan.
- Melt caramels and milk in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Mix flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Mix in beaten egg.
- Mix butter in with fork until mixture is crumbly.
- Pat 1/2 of the batter into the bottom of the pan to make bottom crust. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Pour chocolate chips and nuts over crust, drizzle caramel mixture over that.
- Crumble remaining batter over top and continue to bake 15- 20 minutes until lightly brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, with a knife go around the outside edge of the caramel candy bars to put a small space between the bar and the pan.
- After 30 minutes use a sharp knife to cut into small bite sized squares.
Years ago, a friend gave me a sampling of these bars, and they were so yummy, I had to have the recipe! I've made these countless times, and they're always a big hit! The most time-consuming step is unwrapping the caramels, but the rest is a breeze! The ooey-gooey caramel/chocolate center complements the crust & topping delightfully! Delicious!! :)
YUMMMY! These are incredible and easier to make than I thought. I don't know, I thought there were too many steps I guess... not at all. I used crushed macadamia nuts, and they went together quickly... and I sampled one already. Thank you for the decadent treat! :)
This recipe is DELISH! I bake it for the people I work with and they are always begging for more!