Prep 25 mins
Cook 29 mins
I got this recipe from The Cake Mix Doctor cookbook. Everyone always gobbles this up, it is delicious!
- 18 1⁄4 ounces white cake mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Quick Caramel Frosting
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° and place rack in center of oven. Grease and flour two 9 inch cake pans.
- In large mixing bowl, blend cake mix, milk, butter, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer on low for 1 minute. Scrape bowl and mix on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 27-29 minutes.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes; remove to rack and cool for 30 minutes.
- To prepare frosting, place butter and brown sugars in a medium saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Add milk, stir and bring back to a boil; remove from heat.
- Mix in powdered sugar and vanilla with wooden spoon until smooth.
- Frost cake layers while frosting is still warm, working quickly (frosting will set as it cools). If frosting gets too hard to work with, warm over low heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly.