Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe came from my husbands distant cousins who we visited on vacation. It's a very Rich cake, but it is delicious! Tastes great served with vanilla ice cream.
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 1⁄2 cup corn oil
- 4 tablespoons chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 1 cup water
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup oleo
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-flavor Nestle Nesquik powder
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 0.5 (8 ounce) box powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup nuts (optional)
- Sift flour and sugar in mixer bowl.
- Boil oleo, corn oil, quick and water. Pour over flour and sugar, mix at low speed.
- Put soda into buttermilk, add to mixture along with eggs and vanilla.
- Bake in 9x 13 pan for 35-40 minutes. Ice while warm.
- Boil together oleo, quick and buttermilk.
- Pour over sifted powdered sugar, add vanilla and mix.
- Pour over cake while warm.