Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mmmm..yuuuum. Do you like caramel? Butterscotch? Oats? Well you may want to give this a shot! 8-) It is so simple!
- 3 cups sugar or 3 cups Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 (6 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 12 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups quick oats
- 1 (4 ounce) package butterscotch pudding mix
- Mix sugar or Splenda, butter, and milk in large saucepan.
- Bring to boill; stir several times.
- Remove pan from burner. Add pudding and oats; stir well.
- Let batter cool for 15 minutes.
- Drop mixture by teaspoonful onto wax paper.
- Cookies will firm when coooled completely.
Good flavor, however mine didn't harden all the way until I put them into the refrigerator. They were very rich, but were still good, even cold.
Thought the taste was very good but they never hardened after they completely cooled. So I baked them at 300 until they were brown on the edges and then they were more of a cookie instead of one big ball of dough. Great taste though I will make them again.
I loved the flavor in these cookies, but thought they were a little "oatie." Where they supposed to be like no bake cookies? I think next time I will cut some of the oats out. I used butter buds instead of butter, so maybe that's why. Thank you for the recipe I will definitely try again!