Recipe by Halcyon Eve
From Simple & Delicious. Cook time does not include 6 hours cooling time.
Top Review by Roxanne J.R.
Oh...My...Gosh! These bars are so easy and so good! They just melt away in your mouth and are just heavenly! I did refrigerate my bars for 2-3 hours instead of waiting 6 hours for them to cool and my caramel was still a bit gooey when I cut into them. I lined my pan with foil and then greased it - this made it extremely easy to get out of the pan and cut too. I used my own homemade caramel sauce and I have them stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They just keep calling me back for more. Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Combine flour and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Top with pecans; drizzle warmed caramel topping evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350* F for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Place on wire rack. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate chips over caramel-pecan layer.
- Cool for at least 6 hours at room temp or until chocolate has set (chilling may cause chocolate to appear dull). Cut into bars.