Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From Simple & Delicious. Cook time does not include 6 hours cooling time.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) package milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350* F. Combine flour and brown sugar in a bowl; cut in butter until crumbly. Press into bottom of an ungreased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Top with pecans; drizzle warmed caramel topping evenly over pecans.
- Bake at 350* F for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly. Place on wire rack. Sprinkle with chocolate chips; let stand 5 minutes, then spread chocolate chips over caramel-pecan layer.
- Cool for at least 6 hours at room temp or until chocolate has set (chilling may cause chocolate to appear dull). Cut into bars.
Oh...My...Gosh! These bars are so easy and so good! They just melt away in your mouth and are just heavenly! I did refrigerate my bars for 2-3 hours instead of waiting 6 hours for them to cool and my caramel was still a bit gooey when I cut into them. I lined my pan with foil and then greased it - this made it extremely easy to get out of the pan and cut too. I used my own homemade caramel sauce and I have them stored in an airtight container in the fridge. They just keep calling me back for more. Love this recipe! Thanks for sharing.
OMG-H-ko...these are awesome! I made exactly as stated and WOW!It was very easy to make with easy to follow instructions. I will be making these again-Thanks!