Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This makes a wonderful sweet/salty appetizer to spread over crackers. Once you cut into this the soft cheese kind of oozes out and its fabulous to spread over apple slices also.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg, ground
- 12 ounces brie cheese, wheel
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter, brown sugar and white sugar in heavy saucepan over low heat and stir until sugars are dissolved.
- Gradually whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until smooth.
- Add nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 5 minutes.
- Place wheel of Brie on a pie plate and pour caramel over the top, letting it drip down the sides.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until Brie is soft.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with toasted pecans.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.