Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are so good. I found them in my Calgary cookbook.What a treat for breakfast. All I can say is yum,yum,yum.
- 24 frozen dough rolls (or your own homemade and frozen)
- 1 package butterscotch pudding mix (not instant, I used 1/3 cup of pudding powder)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon milk
- nuts (optional)
- cherries (optional)
- Put buns in a greased 9x13 pan or a bundt pan.
- Sprinkle with the pudding mix and cinnamon.
- Bring to a boil the sugar, butter and milk.
- Cool, then pour over buns.
- Leave overnight and bake in morning.
- Let rise Bake at 350 for 20 mins or until brown.
These were easy and pretty good. A few rolls in the middle were undercooked. The sugar, butter, and milk need to cook a bit to make sure the sugar is as dissolved as possible. I, too, used only a partial package of pudding mix. Next time I will halve the recipe and invert on a plate when done as much of the good and gooey caramel was on the bottom of the rolls. Thanks for posting, I really liked that I could do this all the night before which in my case was Christmas Eve.