My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- 3Combine caramels and evaporated milk in top of double boiler over low heat.
- 4Cover and simmer until caramels are melted, stirring occasionally.
- 5Set aside, keeping warm.
- 6Combine German sweet chocolate and butter in 2 quart saucepan.
- 7Place over low heat stirring occasionally until melted.
- 8Remove from heat.
- 9Cool to room temperature.
- 10Beat eggs until foamy using electric mixer at high speed.
- 11Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is thick and lemon colored.
- 12Sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- 13Add to egg mixture mixing well.
- 14Blend in cooled chocolate mixture and vanilla.
- 15Spread half of mixture into prepared baking pan.
- 16Bake for 6 minutes.
- 17Remove from oven and spread caramel mixture carefully over baked layer.
- 18Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- 19Stir 1/2 cup of walnuts into remaining chocolate batter.
- 20Spread batter by spoonfuls over the caramel layer.
- 21Sprinkle with remaining nuts.
- 22Bake for 20 minutes.
- 23Cool in pan on rack.
- 24Refridgerate before cutting into bars or squares.
- 25These brownies are very difficult to cut if not chilled first.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 260.5
- Calories from Fat 119
- Total Fat 13.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 39.1 mg
- Sodium 141.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 26.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g