Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking.
Make and share this Caramel Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer; carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack.