Recipe by SaraEMiller
Quick and easy brownie recipe that is delicious!!
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
AWESOME!!! My family has used this recipe for years. I am known in our circle of friends for these brownies. It doesn't really seem to matter if the cake mix has the pudding in it. I overbaked them once by about 10 minutes and they were still great. I love to take them to parties, because if I make them just for us, I'll eat them all myself! I NEVER come home with any left in the pan. That's how you know a recipe is a winner!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package german chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 13 ounces individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into pan, press pecans into batter, bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In sauce pan, over medium heat, combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture over cooled cake, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel. Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over all. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake an additional 15-18 minutes, cool and cut.