Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy brownie recipe that is delicious!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package german chocolate cake mix with pudding
- 3⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 13 ounces individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray. Combine cake mix, butter, and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Mix well.
- Spread 2/3 of batter into pan, press pecans into batter, bake 8-10 minutes.
- Let cool.
- In sauce pan, over medium heat, combine caramels and 1/3 cup evaporated milk. Stir until melted and smooth.
- Pour caramel mixture over cooled cake, sprinkle chocolate chips on top of caramel. Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over all. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake an additional 15-18 minutes, cool and cut.
AWESOME!!! My family has used this recipe for years. I am known in our circle of friends for these brownies. It doesn't really seem to matter if the cake mix has the pudding in it. I overbaked them once by about 10 minutes and they were still great. I love to take them to parties, because if I make them just for us, I'll eat them all myself! I NEVER come home with any left in the pan. That's how you know a recipe is a winner!
I received this recipe from a friend and the photo copy was hard to read so I was sure I could find the recipe here and I did! It's a winner and so easy to make. I just made 6 pans of these for my son's football team and they went crazy for them. I bake the bottom layer for 8 minutes and then go right into the chips/caramel/remaining batter without any cooling time in between. (The other recipe did not have that step so I continued that way) I left out the nuts -personal preference. They are easier to cut if you put them in the refrigerator for a few minutes first. I highly recommend this recipe for anyone you want to impress - everyone LOVES them!
OMG!!!!! So gooey and yummy! I made these in a 9x9 square pan, and I couldn't wait for the first layer to cool completely before I added the caramel and nuts and finished baking. Didn't matter in the least. These are the best brownines I have ever had!! I will make these again and again.