Prep 45 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is the richest dessert I have ever eaten. You truly can eat just a half a slice. My Great Grandmother, who is 90 years old, told me this year that this was the best dessert she has ever had in her life....and she doesn't like cheesecake. Jeremy loves this even more than ice cream cake!
- 1 3⁄4 cups Nilla wafer crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup organic butter, melted
- 1 (7 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 2 1⁄2 cups coarsely crumbled unfrosted brownies (homemade, not pre-made)
- 3 (8 ounce) packagesorganic cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3 large organic eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) cartonorganic sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- whipped cream
- chocolate curls
- chocolate-covered coffee beans
- Combine first 2 ingredients; firmly press onto bottom and 2” up sides of a lightly greased 9” spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 for 5 minute.
- Let cool on a wire rack.
- Combine caramels and milk in a small heavy saucepan; cook over low heat, stirring often until caramels melt.
- Pour caramel mixture over crust.
- Sprinkle crumbled brownies over caramel.
- Beat cream cheese at med. speed of an electric mixer 2 minute or until fluffy.
- Gradually add brown sugar, mixing well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition just until blended.
- Stir in sour cream and vanilla.
- Pour batter over brownies in crust.
- Bake at 350 for 50 min to 1 hour or until almost set.
- Remove from oven and let cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Garnish if desired.
This was a nice way to cover up a batch of bad brownies I made, but the center was a tad undercooked. Nice creamy consistency though.