Recipe by invictus
This is a recipe that I made in junior high cooking class many years ago :) Feel free to adjust the recipe by using your own bread dough or equivalent. This requires refrigeration overnight (not included in prep time) so plan ahead.
Top Review by Nasseh
I rated this recipe a 4 for taste. The brown sugar mixture was very thick so I added another 1/4 cup of half & half. I felt that it was still too thick since I had to spread it over the bread instead of being able to drizzle it. Next time I think that I will use a full cup so the mixture will be more runny. I also had to cook it on 350 for 50 minutes before it was done. I think this recipe needs to be tweaked. Made for Newest Zaar Tag
- 2 loaves frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 5 1⁄2 ounces vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans, divided
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 1 loaf of dough into small pieces and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- Combine and mix well the brown sugar, pudding mix, melted butter, and half and half. Drzzle half of this mixture over the doubh pieces and sprinkle with 1/4 cup of the nuts.
- cut the second loaf of dough into small pieces and place on top of the first layer. Drizzle remaining brown sugar mixture over the dough and sprinkle with the rest of the nuts.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 325 degrees for 50 minutes.
- While still warm turn baking dish upside down onto a platter or cookie sheet to remove rolls.