Recipe by MackinacBride
Mom and I attended one of Taste of Home's cooking schools. This is one of many great recipes that are in the little cookbook they handed out!! I made this pie several times last holiday season.Every time I would make it, someone new would try it and beg me to make it for them!!
Top Review by whatnext!
I wanted a finger food dessert, so made the pastry crust myself, rectangular, shallow, with sides. Poured in the filling and baked. Cut off the sides when cool and cut into squares. They all loved it !
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 6 cups bread, day-old, crusts removed, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 graham cracker pie crust, ready made
- caramel ice cream topping
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat the milk, eggs, sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in raisins and bread cubes.
- Drizzle a small amount of the caramel ice cream topping in the pie crust.
- Pour filling into pie crust.
- Drizzle the top with 2 Tablespoons caramel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes or until custard is set and surface appears to be toasted.