Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
This is one of my favorite ways to use up my left-over bread. Since I live alone, a loaf of bread always lasts longer than it should. I always have the ingredients on hand too.
Top Review by Alisa Lea
This was good but not quite "bready" enough for my taste. I think I'd use 10 slices of bread the next time. It's definitely a sweet bread pudding. We had ours for Sunday breakfast.
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 5 slices old bread, crusts removed
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Press sugar into the bottom of a baking dish.
- Place bread on top of sugar tearing to fit. Drizzle bread with melted butter. Sprinkle with nuts and cinnamon.
- Combine remaining ingredients and pour over bread.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean when inserted in center.