Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a wonderful variation of regular bread pudding that I got from one of my Le Cordon Bleu Chefs who owns the resturant Mells Beauty Bar in the cities.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 591.47 ml cream
- 141.74 g unsalted butter
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 7.39 ml salt
- 354.88 ml whole milk
- 118.29 ml heavy cream
- 7 slice cubed bread
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 5 eggs, room temp
- For the caramel sauce place sugar in pot and caramelize (heat till melted and turns a golden brown). Make sure no sugar hits the side so it doesn't crystalize. When it starts to boil and turn brown swirl it so it doesn't burn because it will go fast.
- Turn heat to low and slowly add cream to caramelized sugar. Then stir in butter, vanilla, & salt. Take off burner and set aside for later.
- For the pudding heat milk and cream till a skim forms on the top (Should be warm to touch).
- Add brown sugar to tast, salt, and vanilla. Mix in the warmed eggs.
- Toss bread with just enough caramel sauce to coat.
- Spray individual cups or pan with non-stick spray. Fill containers with bread but do not squish the bread inches Pour custard just below the bread line.
- Put in water bath and bake at 325. Check at 1/2 hour -- toothpick should come out clean.